26th March 2020
As COVID-19 diagnoses continue to increase around the world, we want to advise that we will continue our commitment to you to ensure we provide a safe environment for our community.
Whilst there is a lot we don’t yet know about this virus, what we do know is that it is highly infectious and those who are unwell or compromised are in a higher risk group. Whilst there have been no cases of COVID-19 at any Crosslinks site, the health and wellbeing of our participants is our number one priority.
Following the advice from the Australian government regarding further societal restrictions introduced we are taking the precautionary measure to temporarily close our Community Inclusion services for the time being, effective immediately. As Community Living is an essential service, we will continue to provide the level of care and support that you have grown to expect.
What are we doing to support families?
- We are setting up participants and our employees with the option of video calls to keep regular contact if required.
- If phone calls can be arranged participants and Support Workers are encouraged to keep in contact.
- Providing opportunities for contained visits in extenuating circumstances.
How can you continue to protect yourself and your loved ones?
The best way to protect yourself and others against COVID-19 is to practice good hygiene by:
Washing your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand gel. This Department of Health guidance provides advice on how to wash your hands correctly. https://bit.ly/2UNo8bN
- Avoid touching your mouth and nose.
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of the tissue immediately into a rubbish bin and clean your hands as described above.
- Avoiding close contact (maintain a distance of at least 1 .5 meters) with anyone if you or they have cold or flu-like symptoms.
This is not a decision that we have taken lightly, and we have kept the service open if we have been advised to. We appreciate this is a difficult time and we are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have, please call our reception on (08) 9374 1600.